Saturday, September 4, 2010

America Homemade

Who says America doesn't have any culinary culture? Sure, it's hamburgers and hotdogs galore, but just take a second and read the following words:

Barbeque, Tex-Mex, cornmeal, avocado, brownies, clam chowder, turkey, Ruben sandwich, corndog, apple pie, cheesecake, grits, French toast, it's a whole gumbo!

America's cuisine, just like its inhabitants, is a melting pot rich in flavors.

I love America, and I love cooking. I have all these American cookbooks and since I now finally have a decent enough kitchen to cook a proper meal, I've decided to tackle those recipes and actually cook some true American meals. In the past few weeks I've made several dishes and loved feeling close to the USA through my own cooking. That's why I've decided to cook an American meal at least once a week. And now I've decided I'll blog about it. I will add my cooking explorations, photos included, and will add the recipes as well. And we'll see, I might add some more interesting information on American cuisine as we go along.

I'll admit it, I'm a bit inspired by Julie Powell who cooked her way through Julia Child's cookbook. Now I don't intend to finish the Joy of Cooking within a year (although I do own it and use it for reference quite often), also I don't want to be made into a movie. But I do like culinary blogging. And I love America.

So here it is:

America Homemade!

1 comment:

  1. Wat een leuk initiatief Sophie. Ik ga hier zeker regelmatig recepten van uitproberen. Note to self: mijn Amerikaanse meetsetjes meenemen naar Spanje alvast.

    Ik hoop daar zóveel meer tijd te krijgen!

    ReplyDelete