Saturday, September 4, 2010

My favorite recipe: Banana Nutbread

I go nuts for banana nut bread.

I cook it every so often and it is really so simple.
You want to go for overripe bananas, because these are easier to mush. I always make it with walnuts, but pecans would be good too.

Here's the recipe as I know it and always use:

2 eggs
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 overripe bananas
1 cup chopped walnuts


Pre-heat the oven at 190 degrees Celcius (for you Europeans of course, that is). Mix the dry ingredients together with the eggs and the butter (I prefer to melt the butter) and stir with a fork (no need for electric equipment) until you have a smooth batter. Cut the bananas in small pieces and squeeze them with your hands through the batter until you have a lumpy mush. Add the walnuts and again, mix.
Place the batter in a greased bake tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour.

Eat warm, or cold. It's both delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment